Monday, August 3, 2015

Passacaglia - Procrastination or Progress?

A while ago Jackie got me a starter pack of templates for the La Passacaglia EPP quilt.  Do you know the one I mean?  It's this really beautiful one - I've added lots of them to a Pinterest Board

I've been putting it off, as there are so many pieces, and so many decisions to make!  I *finally* got all the shapes out and sorted them

And then I arranged them to create one of the bigger shapes.  There is a book, but I'm hoping to have a go based on looking at photos

Great as far as that goes, but this is a long term project so it's going to have to sit around for a while as I progress, and I was worried I might lose pieces in the meantime.  So I've had a go at ironing them into freezer paper: they have stuck and seem to be happy to peel off as I need them, so I think I am, gulp, ready to start on the first shape

Well, ready to consider fabrics anyway

To recover from the stress of thinking about maybe starting this, I made a few purses - I feel calmer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...