Wednesday, October 2, 2024

2024 September

 Hello again, I hope you are well

At Chertsey we made papoose pouches: I called them this as they made me think of a papoose for a Native American baby.  These are based on a design I saw on Facebook but it bugged me that it wasn't symmetrical so I redrafted it.  If you want the instruction PDF click here


My crochet project has been restarted a number of times, but I'm finally really pleased with the result, except I don't have enough wool!  Mr Amazon has been dispatched to get me some more, but for now I have to wait 

However the red to go with this bright rainbow yarn has arrived so I have started this.  However I doubt my ability to maintain the slight offsetedness each line so this needs to be frogged and restarted!

I haven't done much making myself, but friends and I made willow stars and lavender pouches




and generally had a great time on a girly weekend away (we worked out we've known each other for over 35 years!)


Back to the papoose pouches: I gave Plum the instructions on Monday and by Tuesday she's made this!

Hopefully more making next month!


1 comment:

  1. And now it's been filled with halloween chocolate and posted off to DD2!
    What lovely makings you have this month - your crochet projects are both stunning - clever you!
    And I've just dug out my christmas fabrics, thinking that papoose pouches might look lovely hanging from the tree! Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

SLIK and Quick Papoose Pouch

 I blogged about this in September, but I have a few photos and some instructions so I have added them here Download the template here 1.   ...