Saturday, August 29, 2015

Bottle Bag

I try and drink plenty of water, but I like it REALLY cold.  I generally freeze half a bottle overnight and then top up when I'm drinking so all the liquid is ice cold.

The down side is the condensation it leaves everywhere, so I had half a plan to make a container out of towelling, then I stumbled across this post.  Susie made a patchwork bottle bag that I thought would work fine with a sacrificed towel as the lining.  I wasn't overly fussed about cutting 40 squares of fabric so I joined two width-of-fabric strips and turned them into a chequerboard arrangement the right size and shape

I used the patchwork as a pattern piece to cut the lining and finally figured out the spiral joining method (the two pins need to be touching)

The lining was a bit bulky, but its exactly what I want, and will absorb all the condensation so I am delighted with my battle bag.  I think it will also insulate it so it stays cold for longer - I hope so.  I added one strap and also two rings so I can attach a shoulder strap if I'm going for a walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...