I try and drink plenty of water, but I like it REALLY cold. I generally freeze half a bottle overnight and then top up when I'm drinking so all the liquid is ice cold.
The down side is the condensation it leaves everywhere, so I had half a plan to make a container out of towelling, then I stumbled across this post. Susie made a patchwork bottle bag that I thought would work fine with a sacrificed towel as the lining. I wasn't overly fussed about cutting 40 squares of fabric so I joined two width-of-fabric strips and turned them into a chequerboard arrangement the right size and shape
I used the patchwork as a pattern piece to cut the lining and finally figured out the spiral joining method (the two pins need to be touching)
The lining was a bit bulky, but its exactly what I want, and will absorb all the condensation so I am delighted with my battle bag. I think it will also insulate it so it stays cold for longer - I hope so. I added one strap and also two rings so I can attach a shoulder strap if I'm going for a walk
I started this blog for me - it expanded to show BFF Jackie what I was doing - and a few others have invited themselves too - everybody welcome! Mostly about patchwork, with random comments about embroidery, family and life in general, come on in, put your feet up, and I'll put the [virtual] kettle on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...
-
Hi thanks for coming to the new blog!! This week I have been crocheting . . . (no idea why the bottom line isn't straight) I'm lovi...
-
I have a hexies and triangles project I work on at mother-in-law's. I had an idea for an arrangement: there is a blue owl in the centre ...
-
I was loading up my Blogger page to create a post when I noticed a spike in my views I then noticed a new 'traffic source' of www.fr...



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond