Sunday, May 15, 2016

Finished with Flags

If you're a regular visitor to this blog you may know about my Lighthouse Quilt (if you want a reminder you can click on the list of labels on the left)

This is a real procrastination quilt - I'd rather do anything than work on it (OK, *almost* anything, I haven't resorted to cleaning bathrooms yet). However, it's been in the making for two years and needs to be ready for an 80th birthday next month, so I really had to get on with it.

The centre was completed about a year ago:

(21st century problems: getting a photo from the blog when you are using an iPad, bah!)

Since then I have added a border of embroidered rope, but nothing more. However with a completely free Saturday I have now managed to create 26 marine alphabet flags

 

And with a mostly free Sunday I have started joining them so I can add them as a border:

 

AND I have converted the flags into embroidery designs so the 4 corners will have the birthday message spelt out in flags

 

So this might actually be finished before the big day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...