Sunday, May 10, 2015

Harrow Hexies

I have a hexies and triangles project I work on at mother-in-law's.

I had an idea for an arrangement: there is a blue owl in the centre followed by a round of darks, then a round of lights, then darks etc.

I spent a while of attaching pieces randomly: stopping and starting every few seams, but I have worked out a way to attach the pieces with continuous sewing

I hope makes *some* sense!
 
If I was working onto existing hexagons I would attach a triangle in the trough, then another on the flat of the hexi then another in the next trough.


When I'm ready to work onto the triangles I can sew down across and up one hexi, then the same again on the next.


And here is the lovely lady herself

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...