Friday, May 29, 2015

List? What List?

I'm fairly sure  I know there is a loooong list of sewing projects that I could be working on, but when I was sorting through charm squares for the Sweet Sixteen Scrappy Swap I found a load of texty charms from a swap a few years ago.

I cut them into 2.5" squares, and used some of the fabrics in the 16 blocks, but there were a lot that really 'wanted' to be used together, but not enough for a quilt.  I started joining them randomly then did some unsewing and joined them in a pattern.

And found myself making a fabric basket!!!


 No idea what I'm going to use it for, but I rather like it!
 

There were a few blocks left over (I wouldn't want to *plan* and make the required number of blocks would I?) and I'd found a purse frame that I hadn't used at Jackie's back in the spring, so I had a go at that too.  Actually *reading* the instructions make a big difference and it's worked out quite well - just needs hand sewing* tonight to be an actual finish!

(* the instructions say to glue and crimp, but I haven't got any suitable glue)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...