Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Teenagers and Tears

There are always complaints about teenagers and young adults: no respect, only thinking of themselves, getting drunk and fighting, you know the usual from sensational TV documentaries.

Well today a just-past teenager, (a 21 year old) and his friend made me cry! With relief and at their thoughtfulness!

Jackie's youngest is spending the summer on the west coast of America. I know he was planning on San Francisco, but when this BBC alert came in, I think my heart stopped

 

I immediately messaged Jackie to check he was ok, and got this message in reply


I could breathe again! She followed up with this info, and that's what made me cry!

 

There is hope for the world if half asleep young lads can make the connection between what has happened to people in another city and what their Mam's will be thinking at home.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who didn't get such a reassuring message xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...