Saturday, June 20, 2015

Super Saturday

British Schools know how to put on a Summer Fete!

It was my school's turn this weekend, (along with thousands of others I'm sure) and we had a great day: Pimms, burgers and about a hundred different types of cakes with tea and coffee were on offer, and stalls were selling plants, toys, books etc, as well as numerous tombola stalls.

Nearly all the stuff had been donated by the parents, who then came out in their hundreds to let the children buy or win it back!

I had a stall and had a few quilts and bags on display, and had my baby Brother embroidery machine set up with a basket of brightly coloured flannels (wash cloths) by my side

I embroidered over a dozen flannels there, and came home with orders for another 9, plus bunting,
 


and I even sold a quilt - the pink zigzag one!

I've now spent the evening at the bigger Brother finishing the orders, and reckon its now about time for a celebratory glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...