Tuesday, September 10, 2024

2024 August

 Hello again from my corner of the blogiverse

The ladies at Chertsey museum took the idea of mini dwellings as pin cushions and really went for it - aren't these great!



This month we did some crayoned pictures: trace a picture, then crayon to your heart's content, on the back of the picture onto kitchen paper, until the kitchen paper doesn't show any colour, then stitch 
 

 


 


Jackie, Lisa and I went to Festival of quilts for the day: we saw Plums gorgeous Megan's forest mini quilt

And may have done some shopping!

We had a family day out to "scatter mum's ashes".  She had a lovely day!  For anyone who doesn't know, she wants her ashes scattered at sea when she goes, and we thought it would be a shame she wouldn't be there, so we have a picnic and a trial run!



Huge thanks to Rhona and Martin (and their boat) who made it a fabulous day

Blackberries from the village and apples from the garden

So I started this blanket is Texas.  I love the colours but I don't love the shape.  I was quite convinced I needed a chain between each shell, but apparently (and clearly) not.  I fell out of love with the shells too

So with Deb's help at coffee morning it all got frogged and I've started again

This time I managed a chainless foundation (yay, go me)

and I'm much happier with how it's going

I'm trying to get more into the habit or regular haircuts - so this

minus this

became this

I did a few patches for my friends at Windsor Baptist's church's community bakery

I cut a whole load of houses for a QYG village



and then we went on holiday: not too shabby eh?


We met up with family


 



saw beautiful scenery



and wildlife


and wool shops!

(six of these ladies in the public lounge were knitting!)

and we saw the northern lights!





and one off the bucket list: we travelled the Atlantic road

And finally an update: the quilt I made Niki and George for the wedding: totally appreciated by the youngest member of their family!!!!

(if you want more photos from our holiday there are here: https://hickleysonholiday.blogspot.com/2024/09/2024-hurtigruten-norway.html)

1 comment:

  1. OMG - is that really just in one month! What a time you've been having!
    What a brilliant idea to scatter the ashes with your mum still there. A most excellent plan! Looks wonderful.
    I loved your crochet shells - what a shame that you didn't! Love the yarn and the start of the new project though.
    And you holiday looks amazing - I'm so jealous! Looking forward to hearing all about it soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 August

 Hello again from my corner of the blogiverse The ladies at Chertsey museum took the idea of mini dwellings as pin cushions and really went ...