Wednesday, August 7, 2024

2024 July

Welcome to my July in photos: also known as The Wedding Month

I didn't have much to make for Niki's wedding, so I could make fun things.  I made 50m of white bunting (that I never got a photo of!)

I made sashes for the bridesmaids as they weren't wearing traditional bridesmaid dresses


So I could make Gingers for them too!!!!

I made sashes for the Bride and Groom . . . 



. . .  for the same reason


"Most" of them wore their sashes 😂


I made a Guest Book by sectioning cotton lawn into 7" squares and providing fabric pens


  

And I finished the binding while watching Dirty Dancing - a perfect combo!

I think most people signed it

Chertsey Museum saw us making felt cottage pin cushions, and Peter Rabbit came in for Show and Tell from last month
    

A few photos from the wedding: I resisted the temptation to show you ALL of them!









The following week I booked myself in for a few classes at Gerrard's Cross Summer School - I can thoroughly recommend it if you are local.  I did needle felting . . .


. . . Silver Clay jewellery . . .

. . . and then willow weaving (prizes will be offered for anyone who can correctly guess what the middle one is!)


The Coffee Morning / Stitch and Crafty Church regulars decorated the hall for the borough's Gardens in Bloom



And then at the end of the month I had a playdate with our youngest Great Niece: in 24 hours we did (deep breath) lots of needle felting, kit sewing, colouring, bag making, weaving, waffle making, embroidery design on the computer and stitching a cat in a box (which was too shy to have a pic taken!)
 

 

 


 

I was exhausted but looking forward to her coming again!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 August

 Hello again from my corner of the blogiverse The ladies at Chertsey museum took the idea of mini dwellings as pin cushions and really went ...