The Hexie Round is getting really rather big - to sew one hexie on at a time is a lot of holding a big flimsy, so I've been making it easier for myself.
I have tacked what feels like a zillion pieces, and sorted them into light and dark - and here are the darks for the next round.
I've stitched them into rows about a dozen hexies long (wide?) - the next round needs 14 on each side
I've now speed-dated the strips - first attempt:
But these two blues are too similar to be next to each other
So I can slide the row along and separate the blues.
I can add the extra hexies to the row or to the flimsy, and I'll probably do the same with the two circles of light hexies - speed-date them and add them to the darks then add all three rows to the flimsy in one go
And I thought I'd share some of my gorgeous Christmas pressies
And the prayer weaving we did at the Christingle service on Christmas Eve
And the penultimate gingers - two of these for Niki's teacher friends
I started this blog for me - it expanded to show BFF Jackie what I was doing - and a few others have invited themselves too - everybody welcome! Mostly about patchwork, with random comments about embroidery, family and life in general, come on in, put your feet up, and I'll put the [virtual] kettle on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...
-
Hi thanks for coming to the new blog!! This week I have been crocheting . . . (no idea why the bottom line isn't straight) I'm lovi...
-
I have a hexies and triangles project I work on at mother-in-law's. I had an idea for an arrangement: there is a blue owl in the centre ...
-
I was loading up my Blogger page to create a post when I noticed a spike in my views I then noticed a new 'traffic source' of www.fr...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond