Sunday, December 22, 2019

2019 Wk 52 - Crafty Church

This month's Crafty Church was mostly making Christmas decorations!

I was taught how to make these fun decorations

And Daisy, Ellie and Rosie (who taught me) and their mum made 6 large versions between them and then joined them together to make this mega star (about 20" across)

Tara made this *tiny* Christmas scene from a kit

And Lynne is working on this in secret as a Christmas gift for her daughter

 This kept me warm on the way to church - tank you Janine - I love it!!!!

I popped into my LQS last week.  I've known Helen for (we worked out) at least 23 years.  She has a log cabin in the front garden - it's a shop and workshop.  I have spent many happy hours there, but she and her husband have put the house on the market and plan to move to the south coast for retirement - the shop has now closed :-(

I help the retirement fund I bought a few bits and pieces: some shocking pink spraytime for the Kaffe Fassett quilt

 some Sashiko stencils for a class I'm teaching next year

A beautiful teale fabric and some brown spraytime to go with it, a few meters of dark blue, some sky and some random FQs

And I think I'm ready for Christmas - woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...