Thursday, December 5, 2019

2019 Wk 49 - Mending and making

The lovely thing about Lizzie is that she is happy to chunter away with only occasional assistance!.

I bought a design of a gingerbread man holding a patchwork quilt.  The design needs 15 colour changes (it's here if you want to compare it to my version)  I decided I wanted just a two colour quilt.

My first one is on the left here:

But as I gradually made a few more I decided the pink cheeks could go, the icing wasn't essential, the eyes could be brown instead of black . . . . I now stitch the whole thing in one colour so all I have to do is occasionally add another bit for felt for the next applique, and I really don't think there is any noticeable difference between the two.

The mega shortcut has allowed me to stitch all of these for the lovely ladies at Chertsey Museum - it took two days

All while I was writing minutes from a meeting last night, and doing some mail merge to print Christmas card stickers for the vicar!

I also finished the Hexi swap flowers - just waiting to be allocated my swap partners.  I made another hexi for each and stuck it to a card, otherwise the card cost are going to mount up over the year!

I have made some other gingerbread men too but they are going in the post so I can't show them until they have been received

Friends of ours have just moved into a new home, so I embroidered this and sent if off

And finally some repairs.  My favourite coat is an Indian patchwork one that a friend bought at Camden market many years ago - she phoned me from the market to tell me she's bought it and that I owed her £30 - I'm rubbish at shopping so it's always a bonus is someone else does it for me especially if they do such a good job.  Anyway, the cuffs were looking very worn

And now they don't




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...