Sunday, July 23, 2017

2017 Wk 29 - Random makings

 A hand stitched brick I spy quilt has been worked on.  Not sure who for, but it's almost ready if the right baby comes along!  Just needing a name embroidered and the binding to be stitched

Another hand stitched project is possibly nearing completion - This top lives at Mother-in-Law's: I add a bit more each time we go there.  Today ten or so light coloured hexies started a new round, and I might finish when this round is completed: it's feeling like a good size.  Again, no destination in mind, but fun to do.

A customer at work brought me in two sewing/creative themed charms - a knitting needles and wool, and a button - I added them to some boring earrings for a bit of fun!

The lovely Plum sent me a get ell card a few weeks ago when I was feeling sorry for myself with a viral infection - she's so clever!  Thank you Plum


A friend bought some Charlie and the Chocolate factory fabric for her granddaughter who loves the Roald Dhal books.  I backed it with a soft blanket and did some double lined random quilting lines between the pictures.  Not to easy to see, but it does it's job and I'm please with it.  i just need binding fabric now - oh dear I might have to go fabric shopping!

 I've decided to limit myself to 5 hours customer embroidery a week - I need to have fun time to me too!!!!  These got lucky this week - and I get paid next week so I get lucky too!

 And finally I have cut into this gorgeous silky cotton that Lisa bought in Kuala Lumpur and paired it with the crazy cheap but perfect colour I bought in Walmart in Texas.  Hopefully a tunic dress will evolve, but there is a fair amount of making up as I go along so fingers crossed!

Hope you had a creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...