Sunday, May 28, 2017

2017 Wk 21 - Mostly Weaving

It was Niki's birthday in the week, and she wanted a tortoise for her birthday: we talked her out of it, but Lisa decided she could have a tortoise of sorts . . . and crocheted this little chap


You can even take his shell off if you want to as its attached to his waist coat!!!


I've taken my first weaving off the loom (no, I have no idea what to do with it)


And Lisa gave me her left over wool for the next threading of the loom!  I threaded a patterned warp


And started to weft with the same pattern (until these last few rows went wrong - I can tell you that unweaving is as much fun as unsewing!)

Anyway - an hour or so later I've achieved this


Ad to be fair I dont know what I'll do with this either, but its fun to make . .  I wonder if you can make zippy pouches out of weaving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...