Thursday, May 11, 2017

2017 Wk 19 - Mostly Random!

A very dear friend of mine is training to be a Methodist Minister. He is training at The Queen's Foundation in Birmingham. He has asked me to look at doing a machine embroidery of the Cross at the Foundation
I sent him this embroidery . . .

. . . based on this photo - it needs a bit of work, but I'm pleased with it - and so is he!









I have finished and framed my Wendy Dolan landscape picture, and managed to lose the bit when the green grass bled into the sky!

I had a plan with some cone thingies from jewellery making, combined with a pack of dangly whatsits (I've got all the words today!) bought when mobile phones had a cut out to add a strap or dangly charm, and some Tibetan silver charms and hair scrunchies

You may be asking yourself "what in earth???" (And you would be justified) but there is a point ...(pardon the pun)
To protect your pocket or sewing pouch, or to protect the points of the scissors!
And last but not least ... my lovely Chertsey museum ladies spend last Friday afternoon making felt pictures - combining felt sheets and roving and sewing to make the most amazing pics (some seen here with their inspiration)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...