Sunday, October 9, 2016

The one where I found a craft I haven't shown you

I'm planning the Fun With Fabric crafts for Chertsey Museum for next year, and had planed to link to blog pages where possible -that only works if I have blogged about the planned craft!!!

Last winter I lusted after a Blanket Cape, but really couldn't justify the cost, so I started an improvised version.

I took an Ikea fleece blanket and folded it in half length ways, and then cut away a section along half the fold.  I used a grey one, but didn't take a pic so I've borrowed this photo to show

Once a section half the length x 4 inches is cut away, you can wear it like a cape: the full half against your back and the split half becomes front right and front left

I'm now doing some running stitch with embroidery floss to give it a bit of detail, but as soon as it's cold enough to need to wear it I can call it finished!

Not bad for £3 eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...