Saturday, September 3, 2016

The one where we went to Hever Castle

Himself and I had a lovely day out today, Richmond & Kew Quilters arranged a trip to Hever Castle. The childhood home of Anne Boleyn, it was rebuilt in early 1900 by William Waldorf Astor at a cost of £10 million.


Our interest today was a quilt show: "Members of The Quilters’ Guild from across Kent, Surrey and Sussex will showcase their talents with an impressive display of patchwork quilt creations from kingsize bedspreads to miniature wall hangings."

I don't have consent to show pictures of the quilts, so I will add those individuals pics to my "private use" page, (and if anyone would like the montage removed please let me know) but I took lots of other photos too

The castle was beautiful, and I really loved the leaded light Windows - so many ideas for quilts!

 

And they had some beautiful dolls houses (or "miniature houses")

Difficult to see, but the governess has a sewing machine on her table

And a stash of fabric in the cupboard!

If you aren't bored with my photos you can look at a few topiary bushes, and the gardens

Do click on the Private Use tab and look at the quilts

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...