Saturday, September 3, 2016

The one where we went to Hever Castle

Himself and I had a lovely day out today, Richmond & Kew Quilters arranged a trip to Hever Castle. The childhood home of Anne Boleyn, it was rebuilt in early 1900 by William Waldorf Astor at a cost of £10 million.


Our interest today was a quilt show: "Members of The Quilters’ Guild from across Kent, Surrey and Sussex will showcase their talents with an impressive display of patchwork quilt creations from kingsize bedspreads to miniature wall hangings."

I don't have consent to show pictures of the quilts, so I will add those individuals pics to my "private use" page, (and if anyone would like the montage removed please let me know) but I took lots of other photos too

The castle was beautiful, and I really loved the leaded light Windows - so many ideas for quilts!

 

And they had some beautiful dolls houses (or "miniature houses")

Difficult to see, but the governess has a sewing machine on her table

And a stash of fabric in the cupboard!

If you aren't bored with my photos you can look at a few topiary bushes, and the gardens

Do click on the Private Use tab and look at the quilts

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...