Monday, August 15, 2016

The one where I've been to Festival of Quilts (part 2)

I have taken some photos of some of my favourite quilts from the festival - and some that have inspired me.  They are on the "Private Use" page

Whilst travelling, and chatting in the evenings I finished two cogs on the La Passacaglia (almost: two tiny triangles left to do on the top one, but I'm delighted I managed to get the same purple to be able to finish the outer hexies)


 and I started the next cog

We saw this felted bag when we had a coffee and a rest - a lovely lady called Heidi made it, and told us she was hoping to teach a felting class next year - we'll sign up!


And being too impatient to wait, I bought some hand made felt and matching buttons to have a go at making the bag!



I also bought some more picture fabrics

and some gadget type stuff - pre-wound bobbins and this fabric gel that turns anything into water resistant sewable farbic!


I also came home with these lovely goodies from Jackie: an Avoca button mug, a zippy pouch and a sewing essentials folder - thank you Jackie!!!


 Now I need to spend sometime in the sewing room finding places for all this stuff!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...