Saturday, February 27, 2016

More Goodies

I have managed to look at all the goodies in the donated boxes: hope you are ready for a few photos!

LOTS of white buttons - some beautiful mother-of-pearl type

And sufficient to nearly refill my white button jar, so I can look for another craft using them.  Also two more wooden darning mushrooms - I love these, so tactile, but no idea what to do with them (other than darning of course!!!)

A wide range of big needles - these first three have two holes - any idea why?

and about a million *tiny* needles - seriously tiny!  this one on the left came from the box, the one on the right is the smallest eye of all the ones I have in my sewing box

A zoomed in picture:
Incredibly tiny, I can't see to thread it even with my glasses on, and I really don't think that thread would go through that eye!

There were also some crochet hooks: I guess she had better eyesight than I have!

The box now holds the wooden cotton reels and the thimbles

I have long needed something to put my own crochet hooks into, so I've made one and the donated ones can live here with mine until the next Crafty Church session.  I adapted my Mug Caddy instructions, and am really pleased with it - not bad for a 20 minute make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...