Saturday, February 27, 2016

More Goodies

I have managed to look at all the goodies in the donated boxes: hope you are ready for a few photos!

LOTS of white buttons - some beautiful mother-of-pearl type

And sufficient to nearly refill my white button jar, so I can look for another craft using them.  Also two more wooden darning mushrooms - I love these, so tactile, but no idea what to do with them (other than darning of course!!!)

A wide range of big needles - these first three have two holes - any idea why?

and about a million *tiny* needles - seriously tiny!  this one on the left came from the box, the one on the right is the smallest eye of all the ones I have in my sewing box

A zoomed in picture:
Incredibly tiny, I can't see to thread it even with my glasses on, and I really don't think that thread would go through that eye!

There were also some crochet hooks: I guess she had better eyesight than I have!

The box now holds the wooden cotton reels and the thimbles

I have long needed something to put my own crochet hooks into, so I've made one and the donated ones can live here with mine until the next Crafty Church session.  I adapted my Mug Caddy instructions, and am really pleased with it - not bad for a 20 minute make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...