Monday, January 11, 2016

Barbados Blogging

My last three posts have had references to summer and sunshine, sunlight and sea, and needing vitamin "sea" - they have also all had the label #Barbados for anyone who didn't guess, these were scheduled last week as I was away . . . In Barbados!
Oh my gosh, what an amazing holiday! Just one holiday pic - our beach, the beach bar and the sea as seen from our roof terrace!

What I would like to share are some pics of my holiday sewing and purchases!
I took a kantha project (see my Pinterest page if you want to see the inspiration) - well over 25 hours so far!

My poor finger suffered though - no thimble!
And I took my La Pass second cog - it's progressing!
We managed to find a fabric shop in Bridgetown, and bought some fairly thick fabrics, suitable for bags, plus some faux silk
That back fabric is really bizarre - cats in tutus, Penguins in clown boots, lips in window boxes - I wasn't going to buy it, but kept getting drawn back to it - just as well: Lisa has claimed it for the big cushion at the back of her bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...