Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Two for Tuesday

Two different crafts today:

After mastering inset zips on various bags I've made, I found myself wondering if I could do reverse applique the same way. I think I may have seen this years ago, but decided to see if my thoughts/memories would work!
 

I started this by placing two pieces of my fabric RST and drawing a circle, and stitching around the circle.
 

I cut about 1/2 inch inside the stitching and reserved the two waste circles
 

I snipped into the concave seam allowance 

and pushed the fabric through the hole and pressed it.


I then placed a piece of scrap red behind the the hole and top stitched it in place.

I then repeated the process using the two waste circles

And then I used fusible fleece on the back and quilted circles both inside the red circles and around the outside.


I then had to leave this project to go on to the second crafty session . . .

For my second craft I was at Chertsey Museum with a group of kids making door hangers. As usual the museum and I supplied the resources and a sample, and as usual the kids far exceeded the suggestions and made some fab examples!  They added multiple pockets, secret pockets, pockets from jeans legs, bells, secret bells . . . There was no stopping them!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...