Sunday, March 29, 2015

Orange is OK

I've never thought of making a mostly orange quilt before, but the FQ pack I chose for my Consequences Quilt came with an extra half yard of orange, so I knew that would be the sashing, borders and binding colour.

It's been quite a busy week, but I managed to steal a few half hours here and there, and have mostly assembled the strips I received back

Then yesterday we had an hour's drive to Portsmouth, so I took some hexi templates and some of the left over fabrics and tacked myself a whole pile of hexies

and have now stitched them together and auditioned them as a final row


I think I'm quite happy with the result!

Now I just need to get round to removing the templates and sewing them on, then I can add the border.  And d'you know what, I'm very happy with my orange quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...