Sunday, March 29, 2015

Orange is OK

I've never thought of making a mostly orange quilt before, but the FQ pack I chose for my Consequences Quilt came with an extra half yard of orange, so I knew that would be the sashing, borders and binding colour.

It's been quite a busy week, but I managed to steal a few half hours here and there, and have mostly assembled the strips I received back

Then yesterday we had an hour's drive to Portsmouth, so I took some hexi templates and some of the left over fabrics and tacked myself a whole pile of hexies

and have now stitched them together and auditioned them as a final row


I think I'm quite happy with the result!

Now I just need to get round to removing the templates and sewing them on, then I can add the border.  And d'you know what, I'm very happy with my orange quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...