Monday, February 2, 2015

Copious Cathedrals

I'm teaching Cathedral windows, and variations, on Friday afteroon, and continuing on a Friday afternoon in March.

I thought I'd start with an easy variation, then move on to the real version!

I'm posting about it now so I then email all the bloggers I've used for inspiration and check that they are OK with my links!  These links all take you to a tutorial, not mine, but I have used them and they all seem well written

For a really simple idea which looks similar to a CW block but is much quicker, Ozzypip cut circles of denim, stitched together, folded and top stitched

 From Sue comes another easy method:  This looks similar to above, but no raw edges and each unit is made individually, then can be stitched to others.  Gather, press, fold, stitch

From Christina, at A Few Scraps we start using the bias roll method - this is a fairly simple block, with a whole load of variations.  Just fold, press, stitch, roll back and stitch



And then finally, I guess by March I will teach the real thing!  I've found lots of versions on the web, but I'll be using a combination of these three:  Press down the edges and hand sewpress down the edges and machine sew, or just machine sew


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...