Monday, February 2, 2015

Copious Cathedrals

I'm teaching Cathedral windows, and variations, on Friday afteroon, and continuing on a Friday afternoon in March.

I thought I'd start with an easy variation, then move on to the real version!

I'm posting about it now so I then email all the bloggers I've used for inspiration and check that they are OK with my links!  These links all take you to a tutorial, not mine, but I have used them and they all seem well written

For a really simple idea which looks similar to a CW block but is much quicker, Ozzypip cut circles of denim, stitched together, folded and top stitched

 From Sue comes another easy method:  This looks similar to above, but no raw edges and each unit is made individually, then can be stitched to others.  Gather, press, fold, stitch

From Christina, at A Few Scraps we start using the bias roll method - this is a fairly simple block, with a whole load of variations.  Just fold, press, stitch, roll back and stitch



And then finally, I guess by March I will teach the real thing!  I've found lots of versions on the web, but I'll be using a combination of these three:  Press down the edges and hand sewpress down the edges and machine sew, or just machine sew


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...