Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Lighthouse, and Lisa

Do you have a favourite Lighthouse?  I confess it's not something I have given much thought about, but some people do! - And there is a genetic link, so who knows what is waiting in my future!

My Father asked me to make him a Lighthouse quilt.  It came about because he's seen a quilt of lighthouse blocks (I guess a BOM type) and really liked it, but couldn't get the kit.  My mind started playing with some ideas, and I  bought a variety of fabrics that I thought would work,  but then his plan evolved -  I was handed a book: Pacific and Northwest Lighthouses . . .

. . . And told his favourite lighthouse was Cape Flattery in Washington.  The book had a photo with far too many angles

And another that shows it's actually a distance from the sea, both vertically and horizontally

So I needed more inspiration - so my next visit was, where else but Pinterest!

OK, so the area looks beautiful, but nothing much to inspire me, until I see this piece of art

So far, this is what my version looks like

(Yes I know the buildings are floating at the moment, sand fabric on order)

And an update on Lisa - she's renting a room in a a shared house in Melbourne, and spending her days looking for work . . .  and crocheting granny squares


(And she sent me this photo - her room mate Ryan trying to work out the best arrangement of the squares!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...