Hello and welcome to the June furtle 😊
I have been away (Croatia, lovely, hot, but a swimming pool just *there* made it so much more comfortable than being in the blistering UK heat!) and, of course, took hand sewing with me. The Rainbow Kitchen sink blocks have multiplied:
The Chertsey Museum ladies made reversible cutting / pressing boards
I reduced an *enormous* pile of unused prepared binding and joined it into a single piece that felt it could reach to the moon and back
and then joined it end to end and made a jelly roll race quilt top. Not finished yet but a fairly quick fix if a need an adult / teenanger quilt
I have been making Gingers based on National Days: in June we had a Yoga Day (21st)

Blood donor Day (14th)
and Cycle awareness (18th)
#Craftivism 😊
I helped one of my favourite teenagers prepare her school shirt for Leavers Day: she designed this and stitched it on the embroidery machine and then used fabric pens and paint to add the other details: didn't she do well!!!!
I've prepared some samples for a class I'm teaching in a few weeks time . . .
and ChatGPT created a lovely poster for the class
Your Croatian stay sounds heavenly! And well done for making a scrap using jelly roll race style quilt! I was viewing my scrap drawers the other day and thinking that I needed to come up with a plan..... As ever, love all the other projects that you've made and have bubbling under! xx
ReplyDeleteGreat tips on choosing contrast threads for quilting vs. subtle tone-on-tone threads.
ReplyDelete