Tuesday, March 5, 2024

2024 February

Hi, here is this month's summary!

I finished my Christmas wool crochet blanket, I love the colours.  I ended up deconstructing the variegated wool as I wanted 123454321  rather than 1234512345 (if that makes any sense at all!)


I started a new one, from an old unloved one that I frogged, but I have since fallen out of love with this version too, I think it just wasn't destined to be a success 

I bought some new cutlery, with wooden handles.  The packaging said dishwasher safe but after I'd opened the packaging we realised the dishwasher proofing was 50 degrees or below, and ours doesn't go that cold.  We mixed up some resin and dunked the cutlery in the resin then left it to drip dry

There was some resin left over, so I coated some clay "toadstools" and hopefully they'll survive for a while in the garden

Jackie and I made these bags when she was here: I was delighted when I saw the same style in a shop window in Regents Street! Fancy us being trendy!



At Crafty Church I laid out my Paula Doyle blocks - I will get round to stitching them eventually!

At Stitch we had a fab production line packing kits - 53 packed and as soon as we can get them into big enough boxes we can send them off

These were made at February's Fun With Fabric - It was a bit of a challenge to attach the fabric to the plastic frame, but they persevered! 



And that was it for February - see you next month!

1 comment:

  1. Another busy month! Really love the blanket - and I can understand why you'd chop the wool to make it stripe the way that you want! I'm really looking forward to seeing your Paula Doyle quilt too - the blocks look very impressive laid out like that. Great other crafty finishes too - no one would have thought that it was the shortest month of the year! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...