Sunday, March 31, 2024

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month.

Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes

 

And I made some simple ones to thank the friends who had cleared out kitchen cupboards and made it possible.  (I hope I remembered everyone!)


The lovely Stephanie is leading the next Chertsey class - we are making felt rabbits, so I had a play in advance:

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole (pardon the pun) on Pinterest looking at "little house" pincushions.  I made a cottage

(a cottage with a chimney)

And then I got a bit carried away: a hobbit cottage;


and then a lighthouse, a beach hut and a birdhouse 😂  I had great fun, and I'm calling it work as I think this could be another class!


Lizzie and I made Mothering Sunday Gingers with violets;


Then a Saint Robin (a marvellous friend and neighbour of mum's);

And then Easter Gingers


I started and finished a Christmas pressie (I moved the trees a bit as I felt the design trees looked as if they were floating)


I finally finished a load of I-Spy quilts and got the names on them

And got a photo from baby Rose's grandma

Another idea for Chertsey classes is a pinch purse.  I had a practice to see if I could work out how to make them, and pulled out some weird paper stuff that claims to sew like fabric.  I'm not convinced it's like fabric but it worked ok . . .


So I tried another version.  This one opens as a hexagon - absolute nightmare to turn inside out (if you use the paper stuff I suggest you make it wrong sides together to avoid the fight)


I spent some money at the garden centre: I bought a Salix - not this one, but inspired by this.

And then Lizzie and I finished the week with a few customer orders,



And that was the end of March!  Hope you had / are having a good Easter weekend



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...