Sunday, July 31, 2022

2022 July

Hello lovely people - here are some of the things I've been involved with this month.

My Chertsey Museum class made (or started to make) giant Dorset Buttons: I'm looking forward to see how these turn out


I saw a pinterest idea for "making" a jacket - I bought a huge hoodie on Vinted for £2:50 and cut the seams away, and now I'm adding denim scraps - photo to follow!


In the really hot weather I bought what I planned to be a cool tub - but husband had a Heath Robinson moment (or several of them) and added a solar mat and a pump to recycle the water and heat it


Not quite as cooling as I'd expected - but a great place to spend d a few hours on a hot evening!


I met up with some friends for secondary school (we left school 40 years ago this summer!)  So I made a Ginger wearing our school uniform to thank the organiser of the afternoon

and he's been joined by a Welsh lady as a request from a friend: she's a first draft so version2 should be better



I sent to the hair dressers - actually more accurately, she came to me - I went pink . . .


And I went short!


I spent evenings in the cooling garden cutting up a LOT of denim that I have collected /  been donated: I have some plans!!!


I stitch 6 Forget-me-not hexie flowers for the Facebook swap, and 


and have received most of the incoming flowers

Our Community Coffee Morning has finally been graced with the presence of a Library: venry exciting.  It's only open on a Monday morning . . .


But this is where I found my girls on Saturday morning during our Stitch session - in their happy library den!!!

I had a weekend with girlfriends in York, and had been directed to check out three fabric / button shops: just look at this one!!!  I *may* have spent some money (thanks Tara!!!)




The raspberries and red currents have finished in the garden, and we now have blackberries, so more crumble has been made and eaten!


I've been stitching together some of the denim scraps into blocks

and have been stitching these brown fabrics into a flimsy for mum


Much of the sewing has been ten minutes here, 15 minutes there and ideas are piling up much quicker than I can get things done so the sewing room is a dreadful tip at the moment - I will tidy up sometime in the next 18 days as Jackie will be arriving then and there just might be some sewing happening!!!

Keep cool and keep crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing where you’re going with the denim! Those cooling tubs seem to be the in thing with my fitness group this year. Very handy at the moment! I fear the dogs would just wreck it so haven’t joined in 😄 Amo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to find you here and catch up with all your making. I'm envious of your tub! I hope you've been ok with all the heat. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your jacket :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...