Monday, July 11, 2022

2022 June

 Hello - how did June look for you?  Mine was pretty good!  We had the Queen' Platinum Jubilee, so of course I needed a new Ginger, window banner and t-shirt



And what felt like a few miles of bunting (recycled fabric and now put away to be reused)  

Neighbours out in force for a street party


I have started a, um, not sure what to call it, rectangular poncho?  I could get enough cheap wool in one colour so I have a greens and blues and browns, and a browns and beige: I managed to do a chain free casting on method (this method I think) and I'm pleased with the colours

And here it is on holiday with me!!!  


We had an amazing 9 days in Iceland!  Just a few pics here but loads more here if you need to see a few billion puffins!!!  This was our home for the 9 days

And these pics were taken at a remote museum where I snapped some of the caafty exhibits









Oh look, the poncho is growing!


My fave puffin, but apparently I was not allowed to take him home!

The Icelandic people believe (or want to believe) in elves and 'hidden people' - and these hidden peopel were being sold at the airport


Home to a decent crop of raspberries and redcurrents (yum)

And some aprons to embroider for a customer


And a small bit of upheaval as this . . . 

became this . . . 

then this . . . 

and finally this ()rian's job is to box in all the wires and pipes to the left of the door)

Meanwhile three Eton School Boys were created by Lizzie for a customer

And under the banner of Repair Cafe I mended some jeans



And finally, fed up with the shawl edged curling, 

I added a border and now it lays flat :-)


1 comment:

  1. Busy month! Love that photo of you both, looks like a great trip. Amo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...