Friday, September 16, 2022

2022 August

Is it an age thing?  Every time I go to write a blog post I want to start with a reference to how quicklty that month went! 

Anyway here is August in Crafty photos!

Hexi flowers received from a Facebook swap


Oldest daughters other half's Birthday pressie (deliberatly not symetrical!)


A fun afternoon at Chertsey Museum mark making of fabric

and mark making on hands (oops, it was gone after two days!)


I borrowed a pattern for a wrap around craft apron.  I made the lined version but it was warmer that I needed so I had another go using half the fabric and a load of bias binding - it worked great!


Mum requested a small quilt for the top of her sewing table: 

The village library was officially opened with a visit from Peppa Pig - so I had to get a cuddle!


Lots of people attend the combine coffee morning and library

A quilt for a friend's 60th - and I gave her matching fabric pens so everyone could write on it

It will probably live at their new beach hut!

I even braved the sea for a swim!

Jackie came for a visit and we did some long overdue touristy things . . .  Windsor Castle was great - we visited the Moat Garden which in 35 years of living within 5 miles of I have never been to!

Loved it!!!


We did of course do some sewing too!




And we had a family dad for Jim's birthday: we hired a boat and had a day trip on the Thames






Miss you Jackie - when are you coming back???



1 comment:

  1. Wow! You certainly packed a lot into August! Delightful sewing work, as always, and lovely to catch up with your non sewing escapades too.
    I'm sure it's not an age thing, and that the months are genuinely speeding up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...