Sunday, May 13, 2018

2018 Wk 18 Sewing with Jackie Part 2

And more making this weekend!

This is the boxy pouch that needed that blinking bias minding - perfect for EPP projects 


With vinyl pockets for the tacked shapes and the ‘naked’ shapes


We also tested applique rainbows for a friend’s stole when he becomes a Methodist Minister in September.  I will experiment and see whether machine sewing with twin needles or hand sewing the binding works best


I saw lots of pretty lava bead necklaces on holiday, but instead of buying any I bought the beads - we both made a necklace 


I also spent some non-sewing time with my sharpie pens and some small wooden beads.  I’ve coloured all the beads I have, and have strung them but I think actually I need more, so I’ve ordered another pack.  Watch this space!


Jackie made me some awesome crocheted slippers


And this pretty "Svetlana" drawstring bag.  I gave the badge to her, although she ended up doing half the sewing!  (I have stitched a badge back on now Jackie!)


It’ll be a while now before I get much more done to blog about, although I hope to get the Chemo Quilt finished this week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...