Sunday, May 13, 2018

2018 Wk 18 Sewing with Jackie Part 2

And more making this weekend!

This is the boxy pouch that needed that blinking bias minding - perfect for EPP projects 


With vinyl pockets for the tacked shapes and the ‘naked’ shapes


We also tested applique rainbows for a friend’s stole when he becomes a Methodist Minister in September.  I will experiment and see whether machine sewing with twin needles or hand sewing the binding works best


I saw lots of pretty lava bead necklaces on holiday, but instead of buying any I bought the beads - we both made a necklace 


I also spent some non-sewing time with my sharpie pens and some small wooden beads.  I’ve coloured all the beads I have, and have strung them but I think actually I need more, so I’ve ordered another pack.  Watch this space!


Jackie made me some awesome crocheted slippers


And this pretty "Svetlana" drawstring bag.  I gave the badge to her, although she ended up doing half the sewing!  (I have stitched a badge back on now Jackie!)


It’ll be a while now before I get much more done to blog about, although I hope to get the Chemo Quilt finished this week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...