Wednesday, December 20, 2017

2017 Wk 50 - gifts for men

I made zippy pouches for the girls at work, but struggled with what to make for the Manager, James.

I decided he needed a coin purse (he never has cash on him so if I go to get him lunch we spend days reminding him that he owes me money, so a small pouch that holds £3 (meal deal from Tesco) seemed ideal)

I bought some leather scraps and got prototyping. I started with a triangle one I saw on Pinterest, but didn't like the knot in the elastic. Also I tried pyrography but that distorted the flap.

V2 had an elastic band stitched in, but I didn't like that either, and the embroidery placement didn't work

V3 worked much better, but Brian was worried the flap may come untucked

 

So V4 had a different flap shape which seems to work well

Except Brian has now ruined it . . . by telling me it would be great for condoms

It's too late to make something else so it looks as if James will be getting a condom pouch for Christmas! I'll put £3 in to convince him it IS a coin pouch!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...