Saturday, March 26, 2016

Bodging A Bag

For a while now I've been making variations of the Everyday tote from For my little monster.

For the last 7 months I've used both of these that I made in August last year, and decided it was time for a change

Jackie and I have made at least 8 versions of this bag over the years, and this time I was happy to ditch the instructions and go it alone - bodging as I went

I used faux leather / pleather for the base, I orientated it landscape rather than portrait, I made a body strap rather than two shoulder straps, and I totally changed(*) the full width external zip pocket

I have previously added slip pockets in the lining for my phone, but this time I made more of  welt pocket which I can secure with a button if I need to, and I added slip pockets to both sides inside

I added two small zip pockets inside, and one outside, and (*) I added a suitcase handle pocket like I created for one of my Barbados bags


I'm delighted with it: hardly any un-sewing required, it's comfortable to wear, and holds ALL my cr@p






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...