Saturday, March 26, 2016

Bodging A Bag

For a while now I've been making variations of the Everyday tote from For my little monster.

For the last 7 months I've used both of these that I made in August last year, and decided it was time for a change

Jackie and I have made at least 8 versions of this bag over the years, and this time I was happy to ditch the instructions and go it alone - bodging as I went

I used faux leather / pleather for the base, I orientated it landscape rather than portrait, I made a body strap rather than two shoulder straps, and I totally changed(*) the full width external zip pocket

I have previously added slip pockets in the lining for my phone, but this time I made more of  welt pocket which I can secure with a button if I need to, and I added slip pockets to both sides inside

I added two small zip pockets inside, and one outside, and (*) I added a suitcase handle pocket like I created for one of my Barbados bags


I'm delighted with it: hardly any un-sewing required, it's comfortable to wear, and holds ALL my cr@p






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...