Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thursday's Thank Yous!

I recently showed a photo of Lisa at the North Point of Australia. She travelled there in one of these 4x4s:

it was well equipped for the outback with a winch and a couple of spare tyres, and built for off-roading, and with a driver who had planned well for all eventualities. However, he decided he wasn't coming back straight away, so she headed south in the *other* 4x4 - with a car and driver that was none of the above! She described the red 4x4 as suitable only for carrying shopping up a bit of a steep hill, driven as bought from a car salesman, with no outback consideration or modifications worth speaking of.

What was even more scary was that he seemed to have no idea of him limitations or that of his vehicle. He wanted to revisit sites when previously the other car had had to winch him out of problems, and Lisa watched him use 10 litres ( 17 pints?) to wash up - obviously water wasn't a valuable asset at all! The red car gained some sort of notoriety on the point. So when they stopped for supplies and Lisa asked a lady if she knew of anywhere Lisa could stay if she left the car, the lady made a few phone calls and saved Lisa from the "moronic tw*t"

So thank you to that lovely lady, and thank you to the incredibly kind people at the Moreton Telegraph Station who took her in and gave her bed and board in exchange for a few hours work a day for six days

They also arranged for her to continue her journey back to Cairns on the mail plane:

Over amazing views, so thank you to the pilots!
(Great Barrier Reef)
(Moreton station and airfield)
(Bush fire)

Another bunch of thanks is to Jackie and Amo who emailed me regularly with reassuring words to keep me this side of sanity while I waited for Lisa to return to civilisation, and Wifi!

(I think Lisa's recovered from the scare - she dived at the Great Barrier Reef today!)

And then today I got an email from Fiona telling me that my link on the HoHoHo be-ready-for-Christmas project was the winner of a gift voucher from the Village Haberdashery, so thank you to Fiona, and to Annie at VH too!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to spend some money!!!! I have long lusted over a Kona colour card, so I think I'll treat myself! I can then match fabrics to some of these zips that just happened to arrive in the post a few days ago!
Thank you for reading this!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...