Saturday, September 26, 2015

Happy Birthday and Beautiful Bags

Yesterday was my birthday: it seemed strange to celebrating without Lisa here, but I did get to talk to her on the phone.

I got some lovely bits and pieces: you've already met Joey and Zoey

I got troll beads from Niki and Harry, and from Niki and Lisa

And this heartwarming message from a very special friend
And this funky zippy bracelet from my "twin", Plum (hope you had a great day too, Plum)

Today I was teaching a Family class: It was held at Oakfield school where I did a number of sessions to make a 50th Anniversary wall hanging last year, but I had never seen it up on the wall, so it was lovely to see this as I walked in

Today's theme was "Beautiful Bags"! The kids started with a plain calico tote bag and a table of resources and "stuff", and had a great two hours.  The kids came up with some fab ideas, and executed them brilliantly - especially given that some were as young as 5!!!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...