Monday, April 6, 2015

Friendship and Fabric part 2

Day two in Ireland saw us out for a drive to visit a library with a quilt exhibition . . . we got there, and found the library - but it was CLOSED! Not impressed!

We consoled ourselves with a coffee and a slice of cake in a very quirky bookshop, then back 'home' to make a gathered basket

And thread catcher each

And a zippy pouch each (from Svetlana's Lola Pouch)


I love how wide these open - great for seeing what's inside

In the evening I added a "First" - my first hurling match! I had the game explained to me on my last visit (posted here) and now I've watched a match - just as bizarre as I understood it to be - the ball can be thrown by hand, held in a hand while the player runs, hit with the stick, or seemingly stuck to the stick while the player runs.   It all happened too fast for any photos, but a great evening, and here's a pic of a hurling stick (stick? bat? club?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...