Tuesday, October 3, 2023

2023 September

It's been a lovely month!  It started with me *attending* the Chertsey Museum class, not teaching it!  One of the regulars is a spinner, so she brought in a sleeping beauty spinning wheel, and had made us all drop spindles so we could do our own spinning.  I really enjoyed the session, thanks Kate



The painted beads from last month were made into necklaces and paired with two dresses:


I started adding 'grass' to my EPP flowers - they will tesselate when they lay flat

I finished one of many quilts on my to-do pile!  In fact I finished two - both for baby girls called Freya!


One of the Freyas with her cousin Amelia

I made by "blue whale" cousin a new zippy pouch: the old one had finally worn out!


Like me she's a bag lady 😂 

I had been trying to ignore that fact that time was galloping towards my 60th, but the lovely ladies at Coffee Morning were not going to let me !  I felt very spoiled!
 

It was also Plum's birthday, so there was a mixture of EPP, gingers, needle felting and zippy pouch that went in the post to her . . .

and in the post FROM her was a lot of awesome Puffin themed stuff plus a lovely necklace and a pouch with a miniature house: she's so good at the tiny blocks!


To be honest, I was spoiled by a lot of people!  Jackie sent the most amazing set of sashiko inspirational instructions (watch this space).

Hayley sent me a painted card of stacked stones, and also made a necklace of stacked pebbles - she and her husband actually drilled through these pebbles!!!


There were also a lot of garden themed gifts!  These and more from the girls and their boys

The Acer tree in the blue pot

These lovely gardening tools,


And over the weekend Niki, George and Brian make huge inroads into uncovering the back half of the garden which had been covered with blackberries and weeds for the last 25 years: my new garden area will be a lovely place to sit and relax!



Lisa made me two crocheted baskets which are perfect for the stuff that can be hidden in the bathroom

We had a lovely family weekend in the Cotswolds for my birthday


I really wanted to stay near a stony stream ... I got it!



Then I had another fab weekend away with girlfriends: a really chilled time at Center Parcs, and our favourite new activity is willow weaving!
 



We also did some needle felting onto calico bags,  and Santa making!


 



2 comments:

  1. I'm still so thrilled with my wonderful presents - thank you! And what a busy month you've had again. Love your crafty bits and bobs, as well as your lovely sewing. And what amazing garden progress - go team family! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you had a wonderful month. Belated Happy Birthday! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...