Thursday, March 2, 2023

2023 February

 It's been a funny old month - we were finally able to hold M-i-L's funeral, and I've been on and off sick with a 'lurgy', and HRT has finally kicked in: the main side effect is that while I'm no longer overheating my toes feel like blocks of ice!


Any way, I have some photos (as always!)

The Chertsey Museum group had a choice this month - pretty much the same pattern can be used for a small jewellary pouch or a sewing kit /pin cushion


I started a crochet shawl, the colour change is very subtle, but it's starting to show!


I was commissioned bu Chertsey Museum to help with a Go Wild project: depicting the flaura and fauna reored on a site called Chertsey Mead.  I roped in my friend Hayley and she helped design the (originally) 2 part wall hanging

which then became this

I guess I have a moth problem although I have cedar wood coathangers, and have never seen moths in the house, anyway, an evening's darning fixed two jumpers.  Not quite invisable, but at least they won't get any worse!




I have a few pairs of thick knitted socks that I use as slippers, but they wear out.  I have a few pairs that have been darned several times but one pair had been better looked after ... until ...

I thought I'd try something different this time, and got some felted soles and stitched them on: so far so good, and they are even warmer than they used to be!


Hayley and I then went to Chertsey to teach some family learning sessions.  We did explain about suggested sizes, and how while we weren't looking for perfection we were hoping for reasonable colour represention.  Some people really got it, and we had some great creations






A few failed to quite grasp the concept

Anyway, we had so many attend that we have ceated a third wall hanging too.  Now all these flura and fauna are all being sewn on

 


The shawl has finished

and here is being compared to Yve's far more technical crochet shawl.  I made the mistake of upping the order as the wool was on special offer - my shawl took 1 ball - does anyone want another 3???

 

2 comments:

  1. Hope those slippers help with the icy feet, then? Love your shawl - quick work! Maybe keep the other three balls to crochet a matching cardigan - or to repair moth damage to the shawl if it suffers? We have the little blighters too, most annoying. Love all the different flora and fauna peices - what a prolific team of creators you must have had! Three hangings sound amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flora and fauna wall hangings are fun and I love your shawl and also Yves :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 February

Hi, here is this month's summary! I finished my Christmas wool crochet blanket, I love the colours.  I ended up deconstructing the varie...