Wednesday, January 4, 2023

2022 December

 Hi all - hope you had a good Christmas and wish you and yours all all the very best for 2023

I know some of my visitors have had a bit of a rubbish 2022: please know  I'm thinking of you, and hope that things improve or get manageable 💗

My December in pictures:

A few Christmas gifts were created

 

A class of Christmas napkins was taught


some Dachshunds were embroidered


Lots of Gingers were embroidered

The La Passacaglia rounds were taken apart and added to tote bags instead
 


Some uniforms were embroidered

A quilt was made for a customer (I know the name is at a strange angle, but it's so it reads right when it is used as a wrap ... and isn't being photographed in a mirror!)


A baby quilt was made for a friend's first grandson

A knitted Queen was received (isn't she great!), thank you Debs

And a conical peg bag (love this), thank you Jane

A Christmas tree was put up and decorated

And Christmas Lunch was enjoyed by all

Slippers were received (in a fab hexie box)

Hair was styled by little miss 8, thank you Nina

Hat and gloves were received, thank you Deb

Mr Nutcracker was received and created, thank you Jackie

But sadly at the end of Christmas we lost this lovely lady: as she would say, she was my first husband's mother!

She was 95, her lower limbs were more metal than bone, she hated having to rely on carers, and she's been asking us to bring her a gun for the last 5 years . . .  I think it's safe to say she was ready to go.

Rest in peace Mrs Hickley xxx







2 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry for your loss Benta! Getting old is so hard.
    Lots of lovely makes here again. Love the knitted Queen! Great bit of styling from little little miss!
    Lovely gifts, given and received.
    Happy New Year to you and yours Benta, from Barbara, Gill and Mum. 😘🙋‍♀️👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute to Bette. She was a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 February

Hi, here is this month's summary! I finished my Christmas wool crochet blanket, I love the colours.  I ended up deconstructing the varie...