Thursday, December 1, 2022

2022 November

If I'm posting my November photos it means it must be December - panic!  I won't have enough time to do all thing things I want by Christmas!!!

Some of the Chertsey Ladies brought their felt dolls back to meet the group!  They are so cute!




For November we made slippers from fleece!

We cut a square 12.5" on all sides (we cut them at 45 degrees to the edge) for six 6-7 ish

We folded them in half diagonally, (with the most stretch going around the width of the our feet).We stitched from pointed end all along one side (this will be under the foot) and slightly rounded at the corner and keep going about 1/3 along the second side (this is the heel).  Turn inside out and the open point folds down like this



A friend and I made about 30 A5 pouches for the Richmond and Kew ladies for Christmas.  We used Plum's instructions and set up a production line!  Half a dozen reds for the outside and a variety of linings so hopefully each one differs to the others


I managed to finish this quilt for a friend's 60th.  I did have a few issues - running out of the brown was one, the bias edges on the end triangles all stretched giving a slightly wavy border, and the fleece crept a bit so I had to cut an unused bit off and add it to the gap, but it's super cosy and she says she loves it!


Another friend was visiting from overseas and gave permission to open Christmas gifts way too early!  I was seriously spoilt - thank you Sharon!!!


We had a good turn out for the Paula Doyle workshop and I now have a big stack of blocks to speed date into something beautiful


And then a good turn out at Crafty Church: Lovely to see all the crafty ladies in the hall!


Finally I have made a tote bag gift for a friend who is notorious for needing coffee every hour on the hour!  I don't think she visits the blog, but if so, Sharon look no further!!!!

(just filling in while I'm waiting for Sharon to leave)

I'll be back at the end of the month - if I don't manage to get in touch with you before then I hope you have a great Christmas.  

For a few of my friends it will be a bit of a strange Christmas as people they love wont be home with them: I'll be thinking of you, and if you need a sympathetic ear I'm only a phone call away xxx






 

3 comments:

  1. You've been very busy again! Love your bias squares quilt - despite you having to fight it! Hope that I'll make the next workshop that's held at your hall - it looks great, lovely and light. Now, take a deep breath. You've got loads of December still left! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute dolls and interesting slipper things. Have a great Christmas and New Year. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Benta. Sorry to be late commenting! Super cute dolls! Love the slippers, what fun. Fabulous quilt!
    Hope you had a Happy Christmas, and I wish you and yours all the very best for 2023!
    Barbara of The Flashing Scissors xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 February

Hi, here is this month's summary! I finished my Christmas wool crochet blanket, I love the colours.  I ended up deconstructing the varie...