Monday, August 9, 2021

2021 Week 32

Hello lovely people in Blogland!  I seem to have quite a few finishes and WIPs for you today (you might even thinkthe to-be-done pile has shrunk but you would be wrong!!)

I was persuaded to the a scorpion Ginger for a bug train in the village!!!


I finished a crewel type feather embroidery (the outline was deigned on the PC and Lizzie embroidered it for me, so I js coloured in the sections with thread!!!)


I have opted in on a hexie flower swap for have July flowers coming in


And August flowers going out (a lack of fabric meant I didn't make myself a green flower)


Friends and I have been playing with resin


These embroideries were gifted to my friend Dalwyn when he was first ordained.  He sadly passed away recently - his partner Pete sent me this lovely photo from Dalwyn's study


I've tried not to refer to COVID on the blog, but I saw this and loved it - Tara will you now finally comment on the blog?????


The very kind and generous Sharon managed to travel from Dubai to UK - and came bearing gifts!!!

These amazing fabrics are from South Africa - they need the *perfect* project so I'm pinning idea here https://www.pinterest.co.uk/slikstitches/shwe-shwe-inspiration/ - do let me know if you have any ideas, they are stiffer than patchwork fabric, almost waxed


She also brought other goodies ...


And she didn't even know that I had lusted after Tara D's light box - and now I have my own!!!!


I have been very spoiled!!!

This hexie quilt is growing - slightly unusual dimensions as it's a hug rather than a bed quilt


And I grabbed this pic from Instagram - one of the tissue pouches I made for a wedding

 Hope you have managed to craft too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...