Wednesday, October 18, 2017

2017 Wk 41 - people are so kind

There was a lot of post when I got in tonight - some keys (too boring to photograph) and some craft items - felting foam and condensed paper balls which are pretty boring compared to the main event

You may remember I made a rope bowl at the Knitting and Stitching show. I was inspired by the amazing bowls made by the lovely Kathy who has been a bloggy friend for many years! Kathy recently posted a couple of pictures of bowls that were off to overseas destinations - including England. I know she sells in her ETSY shop so assumed she'd sold to a customer in the UK (but I confess a little bit of me hoped differently !)
Well the most amazing package from Kathy was waiting for me today! I was far too impatient to take a pic before I started ripping into it, but inside the envelope was this

 

Under the coffee (yum) was this... (double yum!)

 

And wrapped in pattern paper (such a clever idea) was this!!!!!

 

And it gets better, as lurking under that bowl was another one!

 

You can't see them as I can - but I can assure you they are beautifully made - it really is worth visiting the shop!

But best of all was the letter that came with it - it made me cry!!!!! Be warned, and reach for tissues before you read this

 

Kathy - thank you so much! I am going to Jackie's in about ten days and will take hers to her

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...