Sunday, March 31, 2013

2013 March second half

 

Whod a thunk it?

Guess what I was doing 25 years ago today?









No Sewing from me

No sewing from me, but just look what my Broom Farm ladies have been making












Hundreds of Hexies

Miserable weather, good company (lovely to see you mum) and nothing planned, so chatting, drinking cups of coffee, and tacking hexies . . . and when the box was filled, I started sewing some together


Hexies Done, and Hexies Doing

I finally finished the "mother-in-law" hexi top, so that has gone into the pile for basting.

The new hexi project very quickly got too big for yesterday's project box, as I basted loads more today. I think this will be the new project to lave at M-i-L's


Dynamic Jackie

Since I visited Jackie two weeks ago, she has taunted me almost daily with finished tops and blocks - she doesn't have her own blog so I thought I'd showcase them here.













I don't know where she got her dynamic powers from, but I wish I had achieved half as much in the last two weeks


17 days, 5 lists, 23 projects, and still counting

I woke this morning thinking "yippee", 17 days off. Then I starting gathering up the lists I've been making for myself, I found 5 so far!

There seem to be 4 groups:
  • Boring paperwork
  • Money earning embroidery
  • Blocks I want to make
  • Other random stuff
And then there are also quilt tops I want to start/ work on / finish. Maybe I need another list, showing what to to each day.

I seem to remember something similar when I was studying for exams (late 1970s!!!!) I spent so long making a coloured revision chart, that the first few days had passed by the time it was finished, so I had the perfect excuse to make a new one!  Maybe Excel will make it easier - maybe I'll go and check!


Two off the list

Two things on my list involved blogging about photos, so I can clear them now!

I wanted to share this fab Pied Piper the kids made at school,  He will now be cut out and put back together (a bit like patchwork) then will join the A to Z quilt on the school library wall, followed by a whole load of scrappy rats

Sadly, I wasn't even allowed to get involved so I cant claim any credit other than supplying scraps of fabric!

The second photo is this NOT so fab sharpie-and-oven-baked mug that is based on a Pinterest pin - hummmm, don't think I'll bother trying this again!!!

I also released the inner 16 year old, and did my coloured project list for the holidays:


Sad, I know, but I'm happy now!  I know it looks small here, but it's OK, I have a coloured version blu-takked to my wall :-)


Why did I start with the fun stuff?

Three creative things on the list for yesterday:
  • EPP triangles sample
  • Fleece Embroidery for a friend at school
  • And a blinking essay that I don't want to do

Guess which ones I did first!

An English Paper Pieced mug rug, with, get me, quilting!


And a logo embroidery for Valerie

Sigh, now the essay!


Easter List - Day 2

I did do my essay (or at least the first draft) last night, so all 4 items got ticked off yesterday.

Today I can already tick off two boring jobs: sorting the car and invoicing the museum.

I have been thinking about ideas for a House block for Fiona in the Star of Africa Bee, and while I've been doing that I've also been sewing together all the Flirt Tumbler blocks that Jackie sizzixed for me and posted back. 

Sew,
          press,
                    sew,
                              press,
                                        tick off a third item
                                                  and then shout for joy -

A top that bypassed the UFO pile, and has gone straight to the as-soon-as-the-table-is-clear-I-can-baste-this pile :-) 

But don't hold your breath, husband is using the table as his office, and reckons he might be back in the shed by June!!!!


Easter List - day 3

I didn't manage everything on "The List", but I did manage to get a few things done, in between helping husband put in a new loo!

This is going to be a sample for Chertsey Museum - nor sure what to do next, felt and a button?


I started embroidering tshirts for the local pre-school


And then I started working on my plan for the Star Of Africa "House" block for Fiona.  Fiona wants houses.  My house is too boring for words, and I did think of doing Windsor Castle, but Nicky said she was planning on a castle.  So have I got anything else local that I can use for inspiration.

Well yes I have!  It's probably ironic given that I was thinking of a castle, but we have a lot of 'settled travellers' living in our village.  There is a long historic story involving the village church's graveyard, (particularly the lack of restrictions on grave decorations in the 'extension' graveyard) and this has resulted in a number of travellers settling here.

Although they mostly live in static or touring caravans, they do occasionally bring out the beautiful traditional caravans (or 'vardo') that traditionally would have been home to a family

Well, it's not finished yet - but here is the start of Fiona's block


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...