Friday, November 4, 2022

2022 October

 Welcome to a quick whiz through my October: not quite in chronological order that's to Bloogers random processes, but here we go!

We had a "World Café" even at the community coffee morning - loads of people came.  The preschool is collecting children's pyjamas for a charity that wants to give a new pair to every child in hospital over Christmas.  Three of us wore of PJs for the coffee morning to promote it (we collected 18 pairs!)

 


I have finally finished my poncho shawl thing: a bit bigger than I expected, and rather warm, but I still love the colours and it'll live in teh sewing room for when it gets a bit chilly

 

Jackie was over for a few days and we made some bits and pieces: I can't find photos of them all, but these zippy cases are great!  And we had a lovely time!



We taught at class at Chertsey museum: Christmas cushion covers (got to love a roll of Heat and Bond!)
 

 

 

Loads of lovely cushions!

I've been working on an "ocean inspired" challenge: a foundation paper pieced puffin.  He's nearly finished but annoyingly I've run out of grass, so I'm not sure where I am going next!


This Puffin however worked out much better - he's needle felted!

This is the finished (?) denim jacket I was making on a hoody 'net'.  I took it to Richmond and Kew and my friend Jane has taken it to add some buttons!  The patched denim was donated by Cherille . . . it's becoming a group project!

This was a group project too: all the blocks were make by Richmond and Kew members . . . 

and L was delighted to receive it


I made some felted birds


and some felted fairy lights


and the rainbow wrap has reached the right size so is ready to be quilted - if anyone knows where I have put the bag of pearle threads please can you let me know!


3 comments:

  1. As ever, another busy month for you! What a lot of lovely projects there! Love the heat and bond Christmas projects, as well as all the others that you've shared! I think that the puffin and the rainbow hexies are my favouties, though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lot of projects last month. Hope the poncho gets a lot of use, it’s fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely projects Benta. I love your poncho - funny thing, a lady at my handicraft group has also been making one, I expect she will be finished this week too! Great hexies, lovely and colourful. Our group have been making cushions too. 😁
    Hugs,
    Barbara (The Flashing Scissors) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...