Saturday, March 5, 2022

2022 Week 9

I somehow managed to put down the 8mm crochet hook and pick up a 5.5mm hook, and of course the shawl became much more dense and didn't have a nice drape: I had to unravel it all and I've started again: I think I'm about back where I got to last time!


I did manage to get to Ireland for a few days (although getting back was a mega saga!)

We made Jackie a crochet bag

And made me a craft apron (and then discovered it was reversible!)

I made a few of Aneela Hooey's pouches


and embroidered this for a customer so she could go to a works fancy dress party as the company mascot
 


I made two I-Spy Quilts for the lovely Tara: she contributed some fab fabrics that were very personal for her uncles, Maeve and Finn's grandads
  

Sorry for the awful photo of this one


At Richmond and Kew Quilters are are making jackets from patchworked fabric.  I mentioned that I fancied using denim and Cherill brought me these that she had patched but never done anything with - WOW!!!!
I need to get onto making the jacket to make the donation worthwhile!!!





4 comments:

  1. As ever you have been phenomenally productive! Love all your projects, and look forward to seeing what you make with Cheryl's gift. I wondered about making an apron after I saw yours, then realised that really I needed a full length house coat (or at least something with full arms) to prevent me from getting covered in threads - turns out that the sleeves of my fleece are often coated with them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects, as always!
    Aaargh - so annoying to swap the crochet hook around!
    Especially love the bag for Jackie! 😁
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with the patchwork pieces.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of lovely projects there x SO easy to do with the hook .. such a pain to have to start again! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl is looking great! Think of the undoing as practice 😄 Lots of makes as always. Looking forward to seeing the denim jacket too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...