Friday, March 6, 2020

2020 Wk 10 - Resin and crochet recycling

Last weekend the girls and I went to a class making resin jewellery.  We had to wait for the pendants to be delivered as they were still wet when we finished - these came through the letterbox yesterday - they don’t photograph too well but they are gorgeous!

I’ve done some more sample prep for the Well-being class in a few weeks: a version of sashiko

And a version of Kantha (well it will be when I’ve stitched it)

At Chertsey Museum today we were looking at ways to recycle old crochet!  I’d been given a bag load by a local waste recycling centre (they sort through some of the waste and put aside stuff that might be useful to someone, isn’t that great!) and more from a colleague at church: mostly done by her dad and grandmother!  I did check with her it was ok to cut them up and she was happy so this was today’s session!

Some brightly coloured stuff was added to black and to neutral with great effect

And the natural crochet looks great too

Some ladies brought their finished modern hexie projects too - don’t they look great!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...