Friday, March 30, 2018

2018 Wk 14 - Easter Weekend #1

We’ve had a few rubbish days but we are getting through them, and a bit of sewing time is always good therapy.

Day 1 of the Easter weekend saw me completing the next 1/4 of a Farmer’s Wife (or in my case a Handyman’s Wife) block: yes this block is moving ahead very slowly!
 

It also saw a name (or three) being embroidered on a quilt for this little munchkin:


(The new grandma is a clown hence the noses!). She, the baby, is called Saga, like the Norse legends, so although I added her name the conventional way


I also added it in Viking Runes and to look like Viking runes - I had fun!


Just need to stitch on the binding then it can go off in the post


And the rubbish part? We had to bid farewell to this old sea dog, my father, who has sailed off into the sunset on a solo adventure. He went peacefully, in his sleep, with a good friend by his side after a lifetime of fun and adventure and love, and a lovely nurse looking after him - can any of us ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...