Monday, July 14, 2014

2014 July (first half)

 








Selfish Sewing

After another long day at school I came home tonight and actually sat in front of my sewing machine!

In between sewing more trousers for the school play (dress rehearsal on Tuesday, we're not ready!) 

and making covered books as a thank you to the mums that have helped 

I actually managed to sneak in fifteen minutes of selfish sewing !

I've started randomly joining strips from the aqua/ teal/ turquoise/ brown and white FQs given to me by Lisa and Jackie

Only in pairs so far, but it's a good start!  Gorgeous gorgeous colours!

Another 14 alarm clock mornings and the madness will be over for a while


Madly Multi Tasking

Thirteen more alarm clock mornings until the summer hols, but still lots on my to-do list.

I've been embroidering some work shirts for a customer . . .

while I've been tidying up some embroidery designs the kids at school at have done . . .


and playing with some new transfer paints planning a new class at Chertsey Museum

Paint a picture, and then iron onto polyester . . .
(yes that really is the result from ironing my paining, and no I can't paint a pic of a VW campervan, but I *can* print on from Google images, and paint within the lines!)


Sweat Shop Slog

Dress Rehearsal tomorrow = panic today, followed by marathon production of extra costumes!

Just keep sewing, just keep sewing!

Just a few pairs of trousers, and a few tops

And just a few more

That's it, I'm done - time for bed!!!

I just hope everyone has a costume !

Real life (including replying to comments and reading other peoples blogs) will restart after the final performance!!!


Thespian Thursday

So the school production is over! All that work! Now just a memory!

I managed to get some snaps of the costumes, but from a distance



Good night!


Fab Fifteens

ten days ago I showed you this bit of strip sewing that was fifteen minutes worth
 
Added to lots and lots of other fifteen minutes worth of sewing and then some 15 minutes of ironing I got this

And then fifteen minutes of speed dating strips on my design bed, I got this

I am seriously in love with these fabrics!

And in other news ... meet Nina and Samuel - my great nephew and his twin sister
I'm seriously in love with these guys too!


Quite a lot of Quilting

I've been machine embroidering work designed by my year 4s (8 and 9 years olds) at school:


This takes ages and doesn't give me much to do expect change threads every so often.  I can't really wonder off as then it sits waiting for me to do the thread, so it's better if I can stay in the sewing room doing something else . . .

What to do?

Well this time it was easy

I stitched together the strips of teal brown and white,  and then (hope you are sitting down) basted AND QUILTED!!
 

The quilting lines may best be described as organic, but they are roughly 1.5 inches apart. I had thought of this top as Aqua, or Turquoise,but neither of those quilting threads matched at all, so this is a Teal top, quilted in white!!!!



Trouble, and Double Trouble

Especially for Hadley who really has been here and done this: pictures of little miss not yet two . . .

 . . . And her brother and sister

I managed to make both Sam and Nina a taggie before I went 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

March 2024

An early post this month, and I think I've been quite productive this month. Chertsey Museum ladies made pin cushions in ramekin dishes ...