Tuesday, November 15, 2011

2011 November (1)

 


I can't crochet

I can't crochet, but it seems that Lisa can!

She has done a couple of blankets, but has needed one of the little old ladies at church to start her off with a square, then she can go round and round it, getting bigger every time.

We bought some wool at Knitting and Stitching show, and she and Jackie had a one-to-one in the car on the drive back.  It was not made easy by Lisa sitting in the back of the car, with the hook and the wool, and Jackie sat in the front, twisting round trying to give instructions "yes, like that, two of those, no not through that hole, through that hole, loop it round again, through the same hole, now through the next hole, now another one . . ."

Anyway much as I laughed at the chat, it must have worked, as I got this postcard from Lisa:

and she has nearly finished a first scarf too :-)

Thank you Jackie, and well done Lisa


Colour coding

A hundred years or so ago, when I was doing my O'levels and A'levels (translation for non UK residents - school leaving exams at 16 and 18, O=Ordinary, A=Advanced) I spent ages designing revision timetables - different colours for different subjects.

By the time I was happy with it, the first day had usually passed, so I needed to do a new one so as not to miss out on that subject's revision.  I think there just may have been some avoidance going on there.

The reason I mention it here, is because I found myself this evening colour coding my UFO / To Do list.  The projects which can wait until after Christmas are in green, while the projects I really should be getting on with are in red.  Looks very pretty, but there are still a dozen projects in red!

However, the first Cream Orphan D9P and the second Pure Blue have had the binding machine stitched to the front, so they now just need some hand sewing doing (the pile is now at 5), but Debbie tells me they can wait until after Christmas (have you seen they are in green now!  :-)

Meanwhile,I want to have a rant about my supposed friend Plum - I had a nice day with her and her diddy (!) little machine on Saturday, until I realised she was sewing with Aurifil threads.  I knew something was up as her spools were orange and my quilting thread spools are green.  Do you know she subliminally infected me with her thinking (she must be on commission or something) as last night my fingers did some tapping on the iPad screen, and I suddenly found that I am soon to be receiving

ta da

this
(be still my beating heart)

and the super lovely Meg at New Threads was not at all miffed at discussing colour descriptions and swaps at 8 o'clock last night!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...